Thursday, January 27, 2011

You have to start somewhere.

Welcome to the first post for High Gothic. I have been tooling with this idea for a while to create a blog about all things 40k. A bit of info about me I am avid gamer in all the facets so much that I decided to get a degree in Digital Entertainment and Game Design and I'm currently employed as a 3d Modeler for a corporation the builds interactive training for the military. I have been gaming in some way or form since I can remember though of lately I have returned to the world of Warhammer 40000.

As an old head that has been away for a while I am looking to build and paint my first tournament army for 5th edition, along with that I need to play-test the list, revamp and re-write it before the St. Valentines day Massacre GT in Media PA. For any of you that know me I hang around the 11th company forums as one of the few Sisters of Battle players. I am playing in two GT's this year SVDM and The Nova Open, possibly a third depending on what happens with the local area tournaments. I would really like to attempt a Ard Boyz tourney this year also so I'm excited for an active competitive season.

Recently I was lucky to have moved into an area that has a really active local 40k community. On a Saturday night you can always find a game at our local store so if your ever in the area and want to play with a great bunch of guys head over to Worlds Best Comics in Newport News. This weekend a bunch of us are getting together to talk about forming an Official 40k club, so if anyone in the area is interested I hope you stop in, the more the merrier. With that ill close it up for the first post with lots more to come, until then may your dice be nice and your battles be epic.

1 comment:

  1. font is a little small, looking forward to seeing you at the Nova Open. Here is to hoping your codex stays intact for the Nova... I see you are around my old hangout(s)

    ReplyDelete